Monday, December 10, 2007

Ring, ring

I gave:
Dr. Harold S. Koplewicz
Phone: 212-263-6205
a call today.

He was out, but his secretary seemed willing enough to connect me, so maybe I'll get a call back. I want to ask him how I should explain the Ransom Notes poster to my son if he should happen to see it. He's a child psychiatrist, so he should be able to explain the best way to lessen the trauma that reading an add like that would cause. If you know someone on the autism spectrum, why not give Dr. Koplewicz a call so you'll be prepped on how best to help if one of these billboards come into view while you are with that person. If you are on the spectrum yourself, maybe you have some ideas you could share with Dr. Koplewicz, so he'll be ready when people like me call up asking for advice.

4 comments:

Maddy said...

It's hard to keep the outrage under wraps but I'll practice my diplomacy skills.
Best wishes

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Marla said...

That is great! Keep us posted.

abfh said...

Not likely he'll call back; I suspect he's been "out" whenever anyone has tried to call him the last few days.

Great question, though...

Anonymous said...

um...ridiculous. I just gave him the finger.